- about us
Through education, research and development, HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences, prepares professionals for business and services. HAAGA-HELIA offers for the students a versatile choice of studies, great opportunities for specialisation, high-quality education in Finnish and English, and wide business networks even during the studies.
HAAGA-HELIA provides for approximately 10 500 students and almost for 650 employees activities on highly advanced national and international expertise.
HAAGA-HELIA is part of the Finnish public educational system. It is privately run but steered and co-funded by the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture.
The fields of education are business, hotel, restaurant and tourism management, information technology, journalism, management assistant training, sports management and vocational teacher education.
The Research and Development Centre coordinates and promotes research, development and innovation operations, training and consulting services, alumni and career&recruitment services as well as services for start ups. In addition the centre is responsible for the eMBA programme in Service Excellence. HAAGA-HELIA’s export of education is coordinated by the centre, too.
HAAGA-HELIA’s research and development activities present new opportunities for the development of business. The goal of HAAGA-HELIA is to provide new solutions and innovations that will regenerate and renew business. As a result of these activities, new operating models, products, services and new business opportunities are born. We function in a flexible and company-oriented way, and both future experts and top-level specialists in various fields within HAAGA-HELIA are actively involved.
HAAGA-HELIA’s strategic focus areas on R&D and Innovations are:
Please find more about HAAGA-HELIA’s ongoing projects and interests here: http://www.haaga-helia.fi/en/research-and-development/focus-areas-and-projects?userLang=en
Some examples of HAAGA-HELIA’s Living Lab projects:
HAAGA-HELIA is coordinating Open Living Lab Services (OLL) –project
- Focus on connecting businesses and Living Lab operators
- Aiming at finding solutions on the SME's finding the Living Lab service operators
- To provide services for SME's to internationalize their services through Living Labs
- The project is accomplished in collaboration with ENoLL, iMInds and Forum Virium Helsinki
- Funded by HAAGA-HELIA and Uusimaa regional council
- Targeting for a larger international project (Horizon2020).
Experience World in Helsinki –pre-investigation project
- The Finnish national broadcasting company, Yleisradio (YLE) and HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences (HAAGA-HELIA) needed to find a solution to come up with user-driven ideas how to stimulate YLE’s huge premises
- “Innovation work-shops” were organized to come up with ideas for the physical space to serve the end-users free time needs and wishes
- As a result: A new project plan to start piloting according to the end-users ideas
Network coordination: Finnish Network of Living Labs
- HAAGA-HELIA is also responsible of coordinating the Finnish Network of Living Labs among the Universities of Applied Sciences (FNOLL).
- FNOLL is based on the common denominator of Living Lab user-driven innovation.
- The network serves as a platform for sharing user-driven good practices, finding project ideas and partners for user-driven innovation projects, and sharing information both at the national and international level.
- The network shares knowledge and ideas online in social media and via email, offering inspiration, information and opportunities for finding new collaboration partners.
- The FNoLL network works in cooperation with the European Network of Living Labs.
Lauri Tuomi, Dr., Vice president: email@example.com
Sakariina Heikkanen, Living Lab expert, firstname.lastname@example.org